Summer is here! Longer days make for a perfect time to get out and enjoy the warm weather. In some places in the country, it’s a time of thunder storms that homeowners will want to be ready for. Sudden showers and power outages mean having things in place like tools and flashlights. Still in other places in the country, it’s a time of increased dryness and heat. Providing shade and conserving water would be a focus for KB Homes in San Antonio and other hot places in this case. Whatever your weather situation is this summer, there are lots of ways to maintain a safe and functional home.
Checklist for Your Garden
- Plant your edibles early like beets, beans, squashes, pumpkins, melons, and carrots
- Plant herbs like thyme, sage, chives and basil that love the sun.
- Keep your container gardens and raised beds moist.
- Deadhead spring blooms
Projects on the Weekend
- Have your mattress turned over.
- Power-wash your patio and wash down your outdoor furniture
- Check your air conditioning unit -have serviced as needed.
- Change out your bedding and seasonal clothing
- Get your garage organized for your summer activities
Best Tip for the Summer
Make a “Summer Emergency Car-Kit” for each vehicle you have. Grab a box or old backpack and put in things like:
- Bug spray / bug bite pain reliever
- Water – an extra gallon or more
- Umbrella / hats