Making the most out of each day will be determined by what your daily schedule is and what habits you have formed to make things happen automatically and efficiently. Here are some tips on how to create a routine that will help you manage your time effectively and give you a better outcomes because things will happen with ease:
1. Things You Must Do
The first part of your daily routine should consist of the things you must do no matter what. This list will include things like getting up, getting ready, eating meals, etc. Create rituals or routines that make these task efficient in creating the optimal daily routine. Here are some examples on how to make these processes better:
- Set your alarm and get up the first time. If you are struggling to complete all the things to get your day started, consider getting up a half hour earlier. Getting up before the rest of the household helps you get things done without interruption.
- After eating breakfast, lunch, or dinner take care of the dishes right away. By making this part of your daily routine you will cut down on time later on when it comes to cleaning.
2. Things You Should Do
After you have accomplished the things that you must do each day such as getting ready and eating, it is time to accomplish the things you should do. Each day might be different depending on your job and responsibilities, so you need to be flexible. There is one hack that will change your life if you follow each day:
- Do the thing you are least looking forward to first. Choose the hardest most challenging task to do first, it will lighten your load and motivate you to accomplish much more than if you put it off until the end of your day.
- Do things early in your day. If you accomplish your to do list early in the day it gives you more freedom to be flexible if a friend needs help or you want to do something fun.
3. Things You Want to Do
Creating a life around routines is important but be careful because it can cause you to miss out on spontaneous and fun moments in life. Make sure you don’t over schedule yourself so you can find time to enjoy simple pleasures. Here are some ways to do that:
- Make dinner time meaningful. If eating is something you enjoy than set aside time to cook a good meal and sit down to eat it with family members or friends.
- If the weather is nice take time to walk around the block or sit on your back patio. Even fifteen minutes can improve your quality of life and reduce stress.
- Create a routine of relaxation each evening before bed. This might consist of reading a good book or watch a favorite program with a loved one.
Images courtesy of blog.extraspace.com, trustworthyfitness.com, and wordcounter.net